Monday, December 15, 2008

Xmas and all...


We went to D's work xmas party on Saturday night. It was a pretty tame affair until we had all consumed alcohol and a group of us ended up at a gay club called 'Oil Can Harrys'. There we danced and drank vodka in iridescent glasses and hung out with lots of beautiful gay boys. It was a lot of fun. I liked that I could love on my sweetheart with no one barely batting an eye lid..and quite honestly, when people do notice, I don't even notice them noticing and am usually quite surprised later to learn of their stares. For some reason, I think touching and loving on the woman I love is the most natural thing in the world for me to do and I forget that sometimes people have a problem with it. The times when I do catch someones eye as they are staring horrified, I usually just smile gently at them and hold their stare...quite honestly, as if to say, 'oh, you poor thing'.

I am happy to report that all my xmas shopping is all done....check out www.etsy.com if you like to buy one of a kind pieces of art for people. I adore the site and have bought most of my presents from there. D and I are going to set up a store on their over the new years and start selling our 'other creative' wares. She takes amazing photographs and sketches and we have been quite crafty together over the holidays...making cards and stuff for friends. It's all part of the quest of having a creative life..and what that looks like in it's wholeness. I think sometimes being creative just involves us not being scared to try something. To let the creative flow out of us and not stop it with our judgements or insecurities.

Anyway, these are my monday ponderings. It's chilly here in SoCal...but it was nice to lay in bed throughout the night and listen to the rain fall on the roof..and then of course, to wake up and everything be all fresh and clean. Love that.

10 days till xmas mates.....damn, where the hell has this year gone?

xxM

2 comments:

Dionne Ward said...

We look happy...and a little tipsy. Both are true.

The creative life is unfolding. Great things will happen in 2009.

toolateshecried said...

love that creativity you guys share..can't wait to see and hear more of it