Thursday, December 18, 2008

The View From Here...


this is the view walking back to my house tonight.....it wasn't raining....which made me happy.

If you were standing next to me though, you would hear: a bazillion birds who are singing happily either because it has stopped raining and they aren't shivering anymore, or because it rained and now everything is clean. A helicopter, looking for someone. One of those ice cream trucks with the annoying song that stays in your head for days. The din of traffic from the main road. Kids laughing hard inside a house somewhere. The slap of my running shoe as it hit the ground. Water running down a drain pipe somewhere. Either a kid or a little dog barking. The beeping of a truck as it backs up. The splash of a car going through a puddle of water. A dog howling for it's owner to come home. Another helicopter. The squeak of a gate as it opens.

Funny thing is, I don't consider here to be a very noisy place. Especially not after living in the middle of San Francisco for 7 years. But I realize more and more how things just past us by...we are in our own little head spaces and we miss so much. At least I do. I should talk first person. I miss out on so much because I am thinking about 'later' way too much. Today, I closed my eyes and listened for a moment and this is what I heard....all in just ONE moment.

And I was grateful.

xxM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are very happy and you are seeing and hearing the world around you clearly.

Jay

Dionne Ward said...

Nice post, love. :-)