Monday, January 26, 2009

Hmmm......(redux)


I had one of those 'brain racing' too much nights last night where I barely slept. It wasn't even so much that my brain was going over any one thing...it was just awake. I ended up on FaceBook and chatted with a mate from my churchie days in Australia. We haven't spoken for probably 8 years and at the time she was living in Perth as an out and proud minister at a church there and was an inspiration to me because of that. I know her journey hasn't been an easy one, but she continues to be herself, in all her glory.

We were talking about a mutual 'friend' (and I say that very lightly)...someone who has turned out to be a nasty piece of person. A closeted homophobe who is angry beyond belief and unbelievably unhappy with her choices but hides behind a veneer of 'happy christian' while being a nasty human along the way. She yells with the voice of 'I can be this way because I AM RIGHT and you are wrong and btw..... you are going to hell anyway'. Some of the stories I have heard of the things she has said and done use to make me really sad because she was the exact opposite of that when I knew her over 20 years ago. I use to spend time trying to work out how she became the way she is, how she chose it.

It also made me shudder to think what my life might have been like if I had've ended up with her or like her. But it mostly made me shudder because its just what the world needs; another unhappy Christian hiding who they really are behind a wall of happy clappy and arrogance, spewing hate in the name of Jesus.

I just finished reading an interview by Suze Orman in the latest HRC Equality magazine that made me cry a few times. I want to just repeat the whole thing here because it goes in line with what I believe SOOOO much. A fav part is "when you live a life of being who you really are, there really is no choice but to have power exude from you. Because you have no hidden agendas. You just are who you are. There are no veils. There are no curtains. There is nothing in front of you. You are just you.'

I ABSOLUTELY believe that and strive to live that way and to encourage and help nurture the confidence to 'be' in the people that I love and come in contact with. I want that message to always come out in my music, in my person, in my stories and adventures.

'So no matter what you do, no matter how you do it, no matter where you do it, as long as you do it with faith, intergrity and courage, anything and everything is possible'.

Amen Suze Orman....


Xxm

1 comment:

Dionne Ward said...

Absolutely beautiful writing and absolutely beautiful photo and... absolutely beautiful person you be.