Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Art....


After 9 years of coming to LA, today, I FINALLY went to the Getty Museum.

AND IT WAS FUCKING FREEZING...seriously.

No cold days for weeks and bang...today is cold. And fogged in. The Getty has amazing views, and none of them were to be seen today because of the fog. But the cold...damn.

Well.....

I know. I know. I shouldn't be complaining.

I keep hearing about the cold that some of you are putting up with and I swear, I know I got it good over this way. The fact that it's the middle of winter here and New Years day I sat by the pool and read magazines until I got too hot.

I know, I get it.

But I think I have become a wuss bag with weather. Or, I just need to buy some warmer clothes. I wonder if I just refuse to buy them because I refuse to exist in cold weather...that might be it.

Anyway, the Getty was still beautiful even though we had to line up EVERYWHERE....might have been a bad time of year, or time of the week to go. The parking, the tram, the toilet, the coffee..and almost some of the more famous artwork. All lines. Art museums make me a little sleepy though. I even went to the Louvre in Paris and wanted to have a nap. Not because it was boring, not one bit. Just it's always so dark and warm and quiet in those places, it makes me kinda take it all down a notch and get all sleepy and relaxed.

I have had the most beautiful two days. What a great way to start the new year. Woke up with great mates...after a party, amazing food and wine and midnight celebrations...and then playing Rock Band till 4.30am. But more than anything, the past two days have just held lots of beauty....and I think a PERFECT way to set the tone for the next year...and many years I hope.

Here's to beauty my friends...and standing outside the Getty, freezing my ass off

xxM

1 comment:

Connie said...

you look very cheeky in that shot Martine.

you are so cold because you are a skinny little thing, nothing to keep you warm.