Monday, April 6, 2009

Botox anyone?


Botox anyone?
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

I am sitting in the doctors office, waiting waiting for my 11am app. Its sunny outside and really, the last thing I want to do is slip the pink gown on. What is making me crabbier though is a 5 minute looped video on why you should get botox right NOW. It made me feel ill watching beautiful older women talk about how they can now look at themselves, feel happy and like what they see. This woman talked about the side effects with a big old happy smile on her face (nausea and drooping eye lids).

The quest for absolute perfection surrounds me...but I wonder, perfection according to who?

Xxm

2 comments:

Dionne Ward said...

Perfection is growing old naturally and gracefully...there is great beauty in that.

Anonymous said...

Botox = tool of the patriarchy