Thursday, April 30, 2009

The leaving and the new...


The leaving and the new...
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

This shot is from the back of our van as we pulled out of our driveway for the last time today. The remainder of our belongings in the van, the balcony of our sweet apartment behind us.

I had a little cry as we stood in the door way of our home. This is the place where I fell in love, where I found healing, where I created and dreamed up this life and new adventure with my sweet heart. I am grateful for every single thing that happened in this space. Grateful for the fresh oranges and lemons off the trees, grateful for carol our neighbour (who is undergoing surgery for possible breast cancer RIGHT NOW - send her a prayer!). Her smiley face everday and her scaredy dog Miss T (who would wait till carol was around and be all friendly but would run away from us every other time). I am grateful for the amazing Armenian supermarket up the street and the starbucks down the street. Grateful for the beautiful tree lined street that that we had the chance to live on. Grateful for the laughter and the wonderful fun I have had here the last 9 months.

And so, its with a mix of sadness and gratefulness that we drive out for the last time.

Saturday 9th May is when we drive out of LA with our van loaded and our persons ready for the adventure.

No comments: