Sunday, August 10, 2008

Slot canyon concert

This is Lorraine, one of the festival performers, she decided to do an impromptu concert in a slot canyon near Boulder, UT. Lorraine can just about play anything and is an amazing didge player.

About 25 people drove the two hours out here to sit in the canyon and listen to her do her thing. It was a pretty special experience and I wish I had sound so you could hear how incredible the natural reverb of the canyon was. I stretched out on a red rock and looked up to the sky for the show and felt grateful for the moment.

Anyway, heading back to Torrey to chill out with some Olympic action before driving back to SLC tomorrow and then flyin back to CA! Woohoo.....can barely contain my excitement.

More photos of this amazing area will be following....

Xxm

5 comments:

megster said...

that would have been awesome, love the pic from where you (did ) lay too..safe travels..:)

Mary Tebbs said...

hello mate! thought I'd check out your page. so great to meet and play with you. look forward to November cuz I ain't gonna forget about it!

Sending love!
Mary

L said...

I was one of the twenty five. Yes, it was beautiful and Lorraine was amazing and you looked quite cute in your plaid shorts. I am back in Colorado, safe travels to you. L.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that was an incredible sound there in the canyon. It looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow...beautiful.