Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So.....

Signs such as these are a big part of every muso's life. For people like me though, the sight and thought of a laundromat is quite an exciting one....I know, strange. But there's nothing like the smell of fresh clothes (especially off the line) and I have often been known to turn up to friends houses with a bag of laundry to do while I am there. Thankfully my friends are completely accommodating and see it more as a sign of the comfort in our friendship than they do me having any kind of OCD thing around clean clothes.

Anyway, I am dribbling a little in this post.

Secretly, I want to scream to the whole world that I am in love with an amazing woman who takes my breath away, thrills my heart and makes me smile so fucking big that my whole face hurts like a mofo. I look at this last year of heartbreak and hurt and feeling/being deceived, feeling like my entire world was turned upside down because of that, thinking I would never let my heart go again...and I wonder in amazement as to how much of that was instrumental in bringing me here..today, right now, right this second.

I look into her eyes and am so excited by the safety, the honor, the trust, the honesty, the mutual surprise, the joy and the love that I see there. And damn, if I am not completely blown away by the way the universe works.

So fuck it, its not a secret anymore.....I have never been so good with keeping my own secrets anyway......and this is too amazing to not say out loud and to offer a moment of gratefulness out towards the universe.

There you have it....direct from the wonderful clean clothes loving, sweet smelling laundromat in Burbank, CA.....and direct from me.

Xxm

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear love has come to perch upon your heart.

-Jay

Anonymous said...

was going write something profound but fuck it....go you good thing!!

Oh and first born should be called Alex....LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...that looks exactly like the laundromat where I do my laundry. Hee hee...

megster said...

good to see there's plenty of fun to be had at the fluff'n'fold...can't improve on Alex'comment except to say..may your sleeves always have lotsa space for your amazing heart...

KCmustang said...

there you have it! yee ha! Ahem Alex ... Martine mentioned several post back the first born first name is Ella.... time to claim the second name mate.... Ella Kathleen sounds beautiful!

Tink said...

Not to imply that you've done a fabulous job keeping this secret until now (in case you didn't know, you are easier to read than an open book) but CONGRATS, officially! I've been waiting for this and must say that while it's been special to share your journey over the past months, I'm not sorry to see a reduction in miserable posts! Bring on the loooove!

megster said...

...no boy baby names???

Anonymous said...

Secret shmecret! dw you're busted!
Spare room for both of you when you come down...looking forward to hearing more when you come up for air!

Connie said...

woohoo mardi, sounds fabulously wonderful, cant wipe the smile off of my face i am so happy for you. So9 tell us more, where, when, how, who and have we already seen pics and not known.

Love it love it

Martine Locke said...

yes you have seen pictures....I'll let you guess...hmmm.

(check out Jem's comment to connect the dots...)

Anonymous said...

Yay for you - nothing like a bit of good love (& good loving!) to make it all worthwhile!!
Happy for ya mate!
TEEJ
x

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm smiling so big my face hurts. You both are welcome anytime here in Utah. I can't wait to meet her.

Rita

Anonymous said...

can not wait to meet all of you too. I feel so incredibly lucky...words fail me...