Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The News.....

This post is from Dionne, from the blog set up to keep people updated on Tyler's condition. I asked her if I could put it here because it's beautiful and because I want to honor him and her and them by placing it here.

Thanks for your continued thoughts, prayers and love mate. She gets them all and appreciates them.

xxM



Here I stand, my shadow cast upon the brilliance of this red foliage. I spotted it as we were driving back from the hospital and it reminded me of the brilliance of Tyler. Not only his intellect, but his personality, his sense of humor, his kindness, his love...I could go on and on about the brilliance of him. He has touched many lives. It has been a blessing to have him as a brother and a best friend. I am only a shadow of myself today, knowing that I have to say goodbye to him...

We were told today by the neurosurgeon, as we looked at the latest MRI pictures, that there is no hope of recovery for Tyler. He will not wake up and be himself ever again. If we keep him alive with machines and tubes, he will have no quality of life and we know he doesn't want that. Tonight at midnight we will watch as the doctors and nurses remove the artificial life support and then we will hold his hands and wait. We will let him know he is loved, he will be missed forever, and that it's ok for him to go.

I love you, Tyler Fulton Ward. We all do and you will be with us, in our hearts, forever.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Sob

You are very courages women Dionne Ward. The photo is a woderful image

connie xx

megster said...

thankyou for allowing this heartbreaking but so beautiful peice to be shared..keeping all i can coming..what a wonderful and well loved man your brother is..

Tour Wonk said...

................

Anonymous said...

Mardi & Dionne

I dont really have words, other than to say its an awfully tough time for you, but if you feel you lack the strength then we are all here with more than enough strength, good will, love, and many many cuddles even if they are virtual in some cases to help get you through.
xxx

Unknown said...

It was good that you all could be there for him on his journey, no matter the outcome.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Jay

Connie said...

well said alex