Saturday, November 8, 2008

saturday night.....do do do dah do dah

Dionne and I spent the last two days compiling photos of Tyler to make a collage of his life for the Celebration. It was tough to make in some ways....we cried, we laughed, we drank wine and we marveled at the adventures and people that made up just a part of his life. A shit load of people fly in from all over the country and Canada to be here for monday nights celebration of life. This is a partial pic of what we made. I also put together photos for a dvd that will be played before the service...photos of him as a kid, with my sweet love by his side.

Tonight I sat with D and Tylers two step sisters, Mindy and Jill, and listened to them tell beautiful stories about the Tyler they remembered and the important role he played in their lives. It felt like such an honor to witness him through their eyes. The world really has lost a special special man and I don't for one minute, understand it.

Monday is going to be a spectacular evening of wonderful people with great stories to tell, which will most likely be heart breaking as well. I don't know if any sense will ever be made of this....how does one reconcile it? It has been an honor to witness his life and the way he has touched so many people. I think I have cried enough tears this year to keep me going a lifetime.

xxm

4 comments:

KCmustang said...

beautiful tribute.

megster said...

wow, what a gorgeous tribute to Tyler

Connie said...

A clicked on this pic and had a long look at all the pics. What a wonderful tribute. I hope Tyler looks down upon u all while u are celebrating his life tonight and knows that he is truly loved and will be sadly missed. Celebrate in style girls MWA XXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Tears are good I think, better to shed them then to be angry. Every life is momentary, so make the best of it. We all get the teachers we need (though they are not always what we want), perhaps there is a lesson for all of us?


Jay