Saturday, November 29, 2008

The state...of 'things

Sitting here in Fishers, Indiana at Tylers estate sale. Its always interesting to witness peoples process around the after death time. Sorting out belongings, trying to guess meanings of things that are left behind.

I have been through this a few times before and yet I still have moments where I realize again, that we can't take any of this with us. All of us will have our belongings put out for other people to fight over and sort through and finally be offered a buck for...then it goes to the next pair of hands and the same thing happens again. So much time and energy is wasted getting the 'things'. No one gives a shit how much things are worth, or how much time and sweat went into getting these things....all they care about is how much change out of a dollar. Our essence isn't carried in or by these things.

Anyway, I hate estate sales...I like going to them, but I hate running them or being involved in them. Its just all 'stuff' that passes from one set of hands to the next.

Xxm

Ps....it almost snowed today...it was pretty exciting

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Heyyyy Martine- Leelee wants to know when you are gonna be cruisin' up here... since the weather 2mro is supposed to be kind icky.

KCmustang said...

I have been forever different after cleaning out two of my fathers home's. One of the things i most remember was after everyone was gone I had to clean up. There was a metal chair that held magnets that he had collected in his travels. The one magnet that was left clinging to the chair, as if it was meant for me,... said... "The most precious things in life aren't things". I took it off the chair and placed it in my pocket for my fridge. That simple magnet was all that i wanted from the house. That... and the clock on the wall that is now on my wall which reminds me of the time that we DID spend together and that time is precious.

Peace n safe travels tomorrow.