Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow!

So, even though I am very happy to not be spending the next 3-4months in this, I was rather excited to wake up this morning and see the snow falling....from the comfort of my warm and yummy bed of course. I think that's the best snow in the world....the kind you experience from bed.

We are driving back up to Chicago right now to meet a crew of friends at my favourite Irish pub, the Irish Times.

The first weekend I arrived in Chicago in March, I met mates at this pub (some of whom are coming tonight too), in this weather, to eat and drink and be merry together. Now I meet them, and other new great mates, on my last weekend here in Chicago. Its been a strange circle and a number of these people have been here at various points to witness it. All I need now is Tory from Michigan and Julie and Kimberley from San Fran and Deb, Jem & Jane from Australia and all the people who have intimately witnessed my journey over the last 8 months would be all together to celebrate with me.

I have a lot to celebrate.


My sweet love sits beside me as we drive. Her hand touching mine. She is as excited to meet them as they are to meet her....and for some reason it makes me feel so proud to know that they already love her, as she loves them. Its a great sign, I believe, when the people you love and who love you...love the person you are loving.

Anyway, I am pondering all this as we drive. My moment in the snow before I head back to CA on Tuesday.

Happy Sunday mates!

Xxm

No comments: