Thursday, October 23, 2008

did someone say obama?

Barack Obama is in Indianapolis today and our police officer friend Pauli, who we are staying with across the road from the hospital, tells me they are expecting 40,000 people to show up. He makes me cry when he speaks sometimes, his passion inspires me. I use to watch and listen to MLK speeches in the same way, listening to the passion well up in his voice..it thrills me, inspires me, makes me want to be better in all ways. Personally, I dont think you can fake that....or maybe I am naive still to the ways of politicians.

Anyway, this is as close as I can get today. (although, I am eavesdropping in the waiting room here listening to someone who went to the speech. She said she was raised republican but will be voting for him...woohoo).

We are on our way into the hospital with food for the masses and its been another tough 24 hours with blood pressue drops, new tubes for brain fluid, talk of feeding tubes and tracheotomys. Its one thing to have faith that things will be fine, its another thing to find the emotional energy to witness and experience the journey of recovery along the way.....and waiting for him to wake up. Everyone is tired and sore from sitting for hours on uncomfortable chairs in the ICU family room. Bring on the masseurs I say....

Thanks for the check ins and love sent this way. You folks who read this that know me and my heart bring moments of relief and connectedness that I am grateful for. Its my sweethearts birthday tomorrow and in between times I am trying to make last minute plans to make the day special for her...trying to be creative in a city I don't know..and hopefully succeeding.

All fun and games mates

xxm

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

I am believing that things will get better. It is hard to be a witness to it all but love knows no difference.

you may want to sing to him, he still hears you. we did that with Michael before he was shunted.