Thursday, October 16, 2008

Out Here On The Range....



Its late afternoon out here just before the border of indiana. Its been a long day of driving and dropping cars (thanks kc) and equipment, quick bike rides, saying hello to kitties and listening to NPR talk about the disappointing debates last night.

Have you ever heard of the term 'professional cynic'? Seems there is such a job. I wonder how much someone gets paid to do that, what the job requirements are and does someone grow up wanting to become one as one does, say a musician?

Its been a few days of catching up with good friends and playing games, while we wait. Getting to know each other better and trying to find moments to laugh as well as moments to take in the gravity of the situation. I have been down here to Indy plenty of times, always for work, and have never walked downtown before. Yesterday I got the chance to walk the canal (I didn't even know there was one) and through downtown. More than that, this was my girls town for 20 years, so its great to witness and experience it through her eyes and on her arm. I love falling for her more and more......its the way it should be, or at least, the way I hoped it would be. Honest, passionate, present, true, inspiring, thoughtful, loving...oh, and did I say HONEST? (capitals for emphasis..yes)

Thank you for the shout outs, the well wishes, the prayers and thoughts. Tylers surgery is set for 10.15am on Monday morning and it will be a 5-6 hour operation, any moments of good energy you can send his way during that time will surely be welcomed and will not go astray.

Driving towards some good mates, some good Greek food and sambuca, which you know, is a favorite combination all the way around.

Xxm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you have honest to love you again. Bet you are glad to leave the earlier part of this year behind. You deserve it all Martine, revel in it, dance in it. I am happy that sweet love has found it's way to you again.

Good thoughts out to Tyler for monday....we are all thinking of him.

love J

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Julie, for the thoughts out to my brother. I appreciate it very much. I'm very happy my love is here with me, supporting me and my family. It means more to me than I can say...