Sunday, October 26, 2008

To Cabbage or Not To Cabbage?

so, when did cabbage become a garden fashion statement? Or is it just Indiana? I have seen these plants everyday outside the hospital and even had the great idea of tasting it there coz at least if it made me sick I wouldn't have far to go. I just can't stop myself wondering if it tastes like cabbage too (anyone?).

It's too cold to exercise, at least outdoors, and there is talk of snow flurries. Hmmm. That would all be fine if the array of clothing I brought on this quick..turned into two weeks...trip was sufficiently warm enough. Or hell, even just warm would suffice.

Anyway, considering we have eaten in EVERY restaurant in Indianapolis over the past two weeks, I think it's safe to say I will be rolling out of here. Definitely excited to get back on my bike again....and to play some tunes. Got a great house concert in Venice Beach next weekend with my lovely new mate, Tommy, that I am wonderfully excited about. A great crowd of people are coming together for it and it will be nice to put my head down and play.

For those who have been following, Tyler is still in ICU. It's been a tough weekend in terms of fevers, new operations, tubes and machines and they are still talking about the possibility of more operations in the coming days. I know for the family it feels like every time he takes a step forward something new happens that seems like a step backwards (the dr's keep saying 'it's a step sideways'.....). It's such delicate work and bloody hell, they are working with the brain, so there must be sooooo much they just don't know until it happens. We will be back in a few weeks but I know it's hard to leave when T is still so out of it and they are still so unsure about what will happen next. All the mums and dads have been at the hospital from first thing in the morning until they can't be there anymore at night....and then feeling guilty for leaving or having any fun. I have learn't a few new card games along the way and at one point today D's dad looks and me and says, with his extremely kind eyes, 'it's probably a tough thing to be coming into a new family at a time like this'....and you know, aside from not knowing everyone here very well and wanting to work out the best way to help out, this is.....as I keep saying...the marrow of life. A wonderfully defining time for a new relationship and fuck, I am all about jumping into things with both feet (praise jeebus that is still a part of me after the last year)....and so, I just jump. And if one must think in terms of reward, then falling deeper in love with this sweet wonderful woman who has swept my feet off the ground, is it.....and presenting myself in an honest, vulnerable, passionate way is my own pleasure.

Anyway mates...I am raving on this sunday night....and now I press send

xxM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have missed a few restaurants. Bjava serves lunch and you haven't come yet!
FYI, it is flowering kale. I don't think it is edible. Bj thinks it is a fugly plant.

Girl on a road said...

i was JUST walking your dog Cagney over the weekend...with my sister...and we saw cabbage-as-decorative garden material. EWWWW. It's just wrong. Cabbage belongs in a vegetable garden. That be the rule. She has spoken.

Anonymous said...

I've been out on the road a bit lately ... and even though I have been out and about, I've been thinking about you and your new family. Prayers for T and everyone.

Be Well Dear Friend, ~Tory