Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Musicality of Life...


It's been a day of hiking with friends, eating frozen custard, coffee, chicken pot pie, talking politics and about tumors that get cut out and run away...like they have a life of their own...and jamming. This is the marrow of life, I figure. The times when you are pulled together with other humans, a common reason between you, even though you would never usually hang out or see eye to eye together. But there is that one thing that causes you all to sit in a room together. It's very interesting..to be new in a family and thrown into such a crisis...I feel incredibly comfortable. Like all my years on the road, and learning how to find the common thread amongst us, and listening and trying to cause laughter.....are all coming in handy right now. I actually feel blessed to be standing alongside the woman I love and holding her hand and stroking her face, supporting her along the way...like there is nothing more important right this moment. I am laying here listening to her sing and feeling my heart swell with pride....you wait till she is out on the road with me, till you hear the sweetness of her voice. She sings like an angel. We are talking 2009 and what that will look like...dreaming, throwing it all out there....seeing what sticks, what feels right.

But right now, we are in the moment....believing and hoping for good things.

xxm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are here by my side...and so blessed by your presence in my world.