Monday, March 24, 2008

tired. weary. soul

i only just loved her
and then
had
to let her go
it wasn't
so much a choice
as it was a gift
to my tired. weary. soul

my feet
on this path
on this quiet
dusty road
her feet
somewhere else
somewhere
she didn't beckon
(or call
or even ask
for me
to go )

i said
that i would lay
i said
that i would fall
i said
that i would give
give
my all

for just
one chance
one chance
to see
me
loving her
her
loving me

but.....(and you knew it was coming)

it seems

her voice
is not mine
to hear
her heart
is not mine
to have near
and this
was not
so much
my choice
and this
was not
so much
my goal

but now

i give i give i give
i give
this gift
to my
tired. weary.
soul.

2 comments:

Connie said...

gulp!! sniff sniff! wow!

with choice, there is always loss, be it coice for the better or worse.

Anonymous said...

love is so bitter sweet. but yours feels more sweet that bitter.