Thursday, March 6, 2008

One More Sleep....

I am sitting here in Emeryville at my mate Julie's house. A bad movie is playing on the tv and I am waiting for my mate Kimberley to come over for dinner. I have been living out of a suitcase for the past 4 months and tomorrow I head to Chicago..where I finally get to unpack. I am kinda nervous...not so much excited yet, but hoping that will come. SF has been my home for the last 8 years and now it's time to try somewhere else.

You know when you on the verge of carrying out a major decision...and you have moments where you are questioning it and wondering about your choice and what truely led you there? Do you have those moments...? Or is it just me?

Well...I am reminding myself that there is no bad choice...that there is no mistake...that I can change my mind at any time. I see too though that have let some of my decision be clouded by desire....but is that a bad thing? I don't know...I just know I am looking forward to unpacking.

My business brain tells me it's a great decision, my heart is scared and unsure of what I have gotten into, my adventurers soul is up for the challenge, my 10 year old inside girlie is freaking out, my songwriter is putting it all on paper and my (non existant) zen buddhist person is breathing.

So..here we go mates. A new adventure. Stepping out into the unknown, with no clues about the outcome. Say a prayer, light a candle, send a thought, leave a light on for me....

Martine

4 comments:

Connie said...

I will "Say a prayer, light a candle, send a thought, leave a light on for" you....matey

Remembering that you have choices is a GR8 thing because you can always make a different choice.

Hey little 10 year old girlie, its ok to be scared and freaked out, scared like joy and sadness is just 1 of our many emotions, its healthy and honest, makes us be cautious and unfold in our own time. Nurture her mardi

KCmustang said...

I will continue to say one for you. I thought of you today when i read something, well actually, i thought of me but then after that i thought of you...perhaps it was when you were posting this...hmmm.

"Sometimes the dream in your heart may be bigger than the environment you find yourself in. If you plant an oak tree in a pot its growth will be limited. Once its roots fill the pot it can grow no further. The problem is not with the tree it is with the environment. Sometimes you have to get out of the environment in order to see a dream fullfilled. If you put yourself in a healthy environment your seed will grow. Only healthy soil grows the seed."

If you could only see the great light that surrounds you ...i know you and the 10year old will be ok.

Tour Wonk said...

Yo!

Just rip some tits and kick some ass! (rugby girls would say that ..)

Call when you get settled.
xo

Girl on a road said...

How exciting! You are leaping into a net of new and old friends here....and still have your old friends back west.
I'm not diminishing the scariness of it all....
Fear is ok.
Be afraid...and do it anyway.
Have you talked to your inner 10 year old?
Sometimes I have meetings with my inner 4-year old...to let her know I'm here (still here!) and that it all is ok.
Sent you a couple e-mails...so when you get a chance...have a read.
hugs as you fly eastbound.