Saturday, April 19, 2008

The 15th hole

Here I sit, at the 15th hole of the southbury golf course. Lest you think that I actually play, this has been my morning ritual whilst in CT. Walking around the course, sitting in nature along the way. Listening to the birds, trying to keep myself present....marveling at their tunes.

Eckhart Tolle talks about acknowledging your feelings and emotions when they happen. Whatever and how painful they are. Not to ignore them, or wish you could feel something else but just call them by their name, feel them and then watch them dissipate.

I don't like him very much today.

Xxm

Who is getting ready for Passover....which I think for a non Jew means showering and getting dressed.

2 comments:

Connie said...

"Eckhart Tolle talks about acknowledging your feelings and emotions when they happen. Whatever and how painful they are. Not to ignore them, or wish you could feel something else but just call them by their name, feel them and then watch them dissipate".

painful yes, but great for your soul- so hows it working for you?

KCmustang said...

this non jew was getting ready for passover when you posted this. Went into the city this AM with my getto phone that does not allow me to text back. Loads of fog off the lake much like what my brain feels like these days. good that you found a place to pound the pavement. wondering if you were able to move past the 15th hold and on to the 18th?? Be well.

my word is Fobity - i must find a use for it ...i like the way it sounds