Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ahh...to cleanse or not to cleanse




I am as sick as a dog today, as I was yesterday, and I don't do very well sick. It's tough for me to just stop and do nothing while my body heals, while it gets rid of the stuff it needs too. I can't walk, I can't run, I can't ride....I have to sit here, with me. Sick. I think the universe is teaching me, again, about just sitting in the moment....there is not a damn thing I can do about it, other than to let it take its course..and that's the story of my world right now. This started off as a cleanse..you know, one of those 'lets aim to get all the stuff out all at once' things (I don't do anything by halves you know) and bloody hell, if my body didn't pick up the baton and run with it. After not eating for three days and then not being able to eat because of being unwell, I only have energy to sleep...if that makes sense. (sorry, is this tmi?...lol, who am kidding, what part of this blog HASNT been TMI?).

Actually, thinking on that....it's funny, for every moment I get a comment from someone about putting too much of myself out here on this blog, I get 10 from people who say thank you. That they are going through similar things and it has helped them not feel alone or that they have needed to hear some of the quotes or books that have helped me along the way. To me, this is just like a song, if you listen to my songs you hear snippets of events or thoughts that have been part of my journey, that are part of my heart, of my life (and if you play them backwards you hear the names of the people who have 'helped' inspire them...lol). So thank you to all.....and yes, I have a number of people around me encouraging me to work out how to put this into a book.

It's an idea that's brewing...along with my stomach.

So...back to my gatorade...and Ellen (who has a VERY hot looking David Beckham on).

xxm

3 comments:

megster said...

sorry to hear you are so unwell M..sending tummy healing thoughts ..have been blessed, challenged and cheered by your sharing..so keep being you..you are remarkable..

Anonymous said...

I hope you and yours feels better soon. I hate being home for a long period of time doing nothing but waiting for an illness to pass. I understand the frustration. Think about what you will do when you are better. It works for me.

Connie said...

lets hope your brewing belly sorts itself out soon. It is awful to do what your body is telling you the opposite of, if that makes sense. "but this too will pass" and just think if u wernt at home you wouldn't be looking at Beckham. I hope somebody makes you some chicken soup.

Take care