Friday, April 4, 2008

The big O

So, yes, my phone was confiscated pretty much as soon as I stood in line and after going thru rigid security, having everything searched (swear its worse than the airport), dealing with a few harpo staff that really were too big for their boots, a bazillion years of waiting, which included me having a nap in the waiting room, we were finally IN!!!

The Oprah experience was just that. I sat in the first row of the first balcony, closest to the stage, and just watched. Echart Tolle wasn't there.....which was a total bugger, but the whole two hours was spent talking about his book A New Earth, which is a life changing book.

The biggest thing I realised as I sat there and listened to other peoples experiences with the book, is that we are pretty much all the same. We are all trying to work out how to get through our shit, how to deal with our pain and how to do it all with as much grace as possible <and as quickly as possible!!>. It was amazing to sit and listen to.

I had a chance to share my experience but I was too nervous. I kept my hand down....doah.

For those in the USA, I think it is on next Wednesday 9th April, not sure if I made it on camera but we'll soon see!!

Xxm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

should have given them a big aussie oye!

T

megster said...

so, no cavity searches i hope

this book has definitely tweaked my interest

i have often reflected how most folk, when you get beyond whats readily apparent, seem to have essentially the same heartaches and desires