Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My friend Deb, the pommie bastard, who lives in Phoenix but is moving back to Australia just shared a pearler with me.

She said, 'martine, its better to keep an open heart and get it hurt than to have a closed heart and feel nothing'.

And you know.

She's bloody right, that pommie bastard.

I am so grateful for the wisdom I have around me. I don't feel very wise right now and have moments where I feel like I am making a real cock up, but I feel thankful in those times that my wise sweet mates step up and speak such truth to my sore heart. I just love them all to pieces. (you too Alex!!)

Off to see Kris Delmhurst perform tonight. Good music, good wine, good food and great mates. What a joy life is.

Xxm

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

have fun...good music indeed. She must have a new CD out. I need to go back and listen to Open Road and Little Wings. I will think of you all as i spin away my frustrations this evening.