Monday, April 7, 2008

Mumma

This is my mum, Muriel. She just called me to tell me that she loves me and that she is praying every night for something good to happen to me (she's been saying that for years!).

She is 76 and after losing the love of her life about 4 years ago and never thinking she would ever meet anyone again.

She did.

She met John.

I asked her today how it was going and she was so giddy, I wasn't sure who she was. She said her life had completely turned around. That she didn't recognise herself. They spend all their time together, playing cards and bowls and laughing and hanging out together. He drives her everywhere and opens the door for her and it seems that they have fallen in love. It made my heart pine.

I love my mum.

She has gone thru things that would reduce most of us, and at 76, she is in love. She is taking the risk, she is putting herself out there, she is like a young woman again.....giddy and laughing and happy.

And I am proud of her, and want to be like her at 76.

Xxm

5 comments:

Connie said...

Spooky, i was thinking of your Muriel in the middle of the night when i was playing Bookwom, i know she loved that game.

I am glad you found love Muriel, you go girl, you are a sweet heart.

Mardi you are tenacious just like your mumma.

megster said...

wow, that is awesome and inspiring, kinda brings another dimension to all thats been shared so far. i love that she and her new guy are full of life and love..I'm with C,seems that you have that strength within also..even if you suck sometimes, he

KCmustang said...

Awe, I luv your Mum!...and I luv the name Muriel...and i luv that your Mum had you! i am sure she is woven in you.

I often think of those prayers that my mother and her mother prayed for me.... makes me go hmmm sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Murial Mojo should be bottled!

Mary Bo said...

I love your mum!! You look like her and no doubt get your tenacity from her, as Connie said. if you need someone to pine for, come pine for me....lol!!!

MB