Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Creative Urge....

The bloody divine creative urge hits at the strangest times sometimes. I can be fast asleep and woken up with something new and you know, because I go on about 'honoring the process of creativity', I pull myself up and out of slumber to write (which is a big deal given my sleeping habits).

I think I am writing 2-4 poems a day at the moment, some of them make it out..some of them don't. It's cathartic and wonderful and healing and revealing. It's also kinda scarey as I haven't written poetry since I was a teenager and it can be more revealing that songwriting sometimes...although, maybe I am just more use to songwriting now? The fact that it has come back to me with such a force is amazing to me. I know it's been a tremendous gift from the universe and I will actually start reading some of these at shows in the future.

Anyway, the songs are still coming too and as I lay here at 2am, now talking to my nephew on IM..I breath out for a moment after waking up with the latest. What makes it is on the writings page (link above) for anyone who cares to read.

Back to it mates

xxM

2 comments:

KCmustang said...

good stuff on that writings link. i am noticing that now that there is more i start to wonder if i have a favorite or sometimes the newest one becomes my favorite. Must be like having lotsa kids.

megster said...

yep, i care to read and am thankful for your creativty and sharing..its a privelege really..'Miley' is amazing..especially now i know who the star character is..