Monday, June 2, 2008

Ms Parker....if you please


This is Rose (velvet janes) and I before a show in Perth earlier this year. Rose and I have been friends for over 15 years.....we met in our churchie days when she came to see me perform after reading a review in some churchie magazine. She got up to sing with me the next day and it was like pure magic...our voices blended so well together, instantly, that you could barely tell who was singing what. The Velvet Janes were born from that moment.....

She probably knows me better than almost anyone in my world....we have been through a lot of stuff together....love, life, relationships, music, kids, death, family stuff, present shitty and not so shitty stuff and will probably be friends and have a connection for life. I hope we grow old together as friends....calling each other on our shit, laughing hard, crying and offering support for one another as we go. And then sometimes, just drinking a good bottle of wine together and marveling about how far we have come.

I talked to her this morning for almost two hours, after not talking to her for a few months and not so much talking through this whole transition time, and it was just like old times. Beautiful and honest and straight to the point. Filled with love and concern and wisdom. Her life experience revealed and shared with me in such a way that it spoke to mine in ways that only a friend of 15+ years could do. Moments of 'you know and remember this about yourself, right?' that caused my heart to actually jump with happiness in a "YEAH!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!" kinda way. And moments of encouraging one another in love and gratitude for our friendship and who we have both become as adults.

Grateful, just grateful.

xxM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss your singing girls....just got your new cd mardi, love it.

Mezza

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love friendships like that. When you know someone long enough that they know you that well to remind you of the good, valuable parts of yourself. Especially after a wounding...

Connie said...

mardi that was beutiful, an honest validation of a beutiful friendship.

i have been watching you girls sing and grow together for 15 years. The thing that drew me to u guys was your sense of connection, fun and passion for what you do it honestly made my whole body tingle and the feeling stayed for weeks. It did that then and does that know. Love u girls and thank youxx

megster said...

had some tears reading this..what a beautiful friendship..definitely one to inspire gratitude..and a fantastic shot of you guys also