Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So, this is part of the view on my ride every morning, its Salt Creek....well, creek. (is it salt creek creek or just salt creek....or salt creek river? Oh no, that would be dumb...and does it ACTUALLY have salt water? Suppose I could taste it...).

I am going to hit the century mark this week....mind you, as I sit here at starbucks, my half way point, I see the massive dark clouds coming out and I think all I am going to hit this morning is rain. Oh well, a little thunder storm never hurt anyone....right?

I realised this morning that there are 'regulars' on this path. I see them every time I am out here and found myself saying a very happy... ' hello, its bloody nice to see you this morning' to them as I rode past them. I was really happy to see them...to see that we are all out here, doing it together.

Ahh, love that shit

Xxm

3 comments:

KCmustang said...

oh no!.. do not drink that water. ..unless you want to cause a stir in your bowels then by all means test the water... i know TMI.. BTW there is no salt in "Salt Creek" and it is not a river but it converges with and empties into the DesPlaines River. Why is it called Salt Creek? The Creek got its name back in the 19th century when a farmer's wagon loaded with salt got stuck in the Creek during a crossing. The salt ran into the Creek and the rest is history!

I nominate you the official brookfield riding coach!

Martine Locke said...

ahha....see....umm, not sure 'see..what?' but SEE.

little history buff that you are.

i will be the brookfield riding coach only if you don't mind getting lost and HAVING to stop for coffee on every ride...

megster said...

wow, i really really like that photo... you could chuck in a sing a long and some poetry with the coffee, that would be a very cool riding thing to do..