Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Walking the beat....

So, I think musicians around the country are taking to other forms of work to help pay for the cost of touring at the moment. With gas going past $4 a gallon and airfares going through the roof, its making people like me re-think the way we tour. Trying to get creative about sponsorship deals, all that stuff (have a business? Talk to me about fuel sponsorship!!).

So, I am out taking a walk, trying to nut it all out. Use to be that I would be on the road two weeks of the month. Now its actually more beneficial to just head out for 9-10 dates spread out over a month. Tis frustrating times to be sure. I heard via a friend via someone from Exxon, that gas is going to come down to where it was right around election time. Damn fuckers!!

(conversation just heard on the street....in strong Chicago accent (think mafia) ' you just got off the phone to my mother?'....'NO.....I just off the phone to my mother you fat pig.') but I digress.....

So here I walk, as my shorts fall off my ass, throwing it all out to the universe and now I stop to listen to what it has to say back.

Xxm

Oh? The picture? It reminded me of being grounded....that's the goal my friends, finding my ground....honoring it, trusting it, treasuring it and then holding onto it with both hands knowing that it's the most valuable thing. To know and believe in my core. Unaffected, unswayed (sp?), un-redirected by anything...or anyone else. Easier said that done, no?

Wise words passed to me today..and now I pass them to you:

'expose yourself to only the best teachers'.

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

OMG where were you walking i need to stay off that street.

I am sure it will all work out. If i see my BP lady friend i will have to ask her about the idea of sponsorship for One Little Aussie.
The good thing is that you looked ahead but it should be only to plan not stress about.