Friday, June 27, 2008

The thousand faces

This is an art installation in downtown Chicago called the 'thousand faces of chicago'. Its literally 1000 faces of Chicago people that come up on these huge tv screens. At various intervals the faces purse their lips and a huge water spray comes out the lips.

Its an awesome installation to watch, but more so, the kids in front of them make me laugh my ass off. Most definately I fight with ripping my clothes off and jumping in with them. Although, I did just see a dad in his three piece suit out there with his kid, which was beautiful to watch.

I am happy to report that we are all mostly fine this morning. We all actually had heat stroke last night too (because we stood out on the road with the car in the sun for too long). That resulted in us chucking up through the night (I know, pretty image). But....aside from a little stiffness, we are happy campers.

Yes, miraculously, my guitar survived with just a little crack. Here's an amazing thing, I actually had a pa system on the back seat with me, at the last minute I decided to put it there instead of in the trunk, and put my guitar in the trunk (in a soft pack)....which I would NEVER do normally. If that pa system had have gone in the trunk, the depth of impact would have pushed the system into my back and wedged me between the seats. See....there's always a silver lining, no?

Back to laughing at the chidlins. More Chicago experiences to come....including a party tonight with two womens ice hockey teams....hmm.

Xxm

2 comments:

KCmustang said...

good to know you all are doing ok.
enjoy chicago that is my favorite phote shoot sites....i can't believe ya didn't go in... i am certain you had to have dipped your toes.... it is fun just to have that splash under your feet.

megster said...

that is amazing..i love installation art - my guys would go wild..glad you're all ok, have fun tonight..