Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday learnings...

So, I am learning a few things about living in the Midwest.

One is the smells. I can be out riding my bike and find myself smiling at the fragrance of the flowers and bushes and just the air....and then there's the incredible smell of dryer sheets. Yes...you read right. The little dryer sheets people put in with their wet clothes?? Yes, they waft out into the street and up my nose.

Also, baby animals....seriously cute.

Then of course there's ALWAYS the fear of imminent rain. One must look at the sky as one heads out on a bike ride because one has a very likely chance of getting caught in rain such as this. Hmm. You think this one would be learning this by now....ahh, but sometimes I can be a bear of very little brain. Or I just plain want to risk it.....

And, people here are just so damn friendly. One of my favourite moments was at the festival yesterday when a young lady walked up to me and said, quite seriously, 'have I done you, or do you play music?'.

Ahh, yes, Midwest living....

Xxm

Ps....you know which of those was correct.....right?

5 comments:

Connie said...

mm who knows with a chick like you lol. A great pictorial of what seems to have been a fabulous weekend. You live a wonderful life girl...been listening to julies stuff on my space and yeh im becoming a fan. yeh Tinky Tonk, Mardi is just too cool for school.

Anonymous said...

dryer sheets mate?

Mez

Unknown said...

ok - so my initial thought was....why does it have to be that only one of those was correct? you are a wonder, woman....you can have it all!
smile. see you in a couple of days, yeah?

Girl on a road said...

Hi Mardi,

I read your blog just about daily....every bit as interesting as the news. You illustrate with your openness and perspective how universal some stuff really is. Thank you, mate.

My good friend, Faith (who also happens to be an amazing Pilates coach and wonderful Mom, Wife and all-around human) had a great suggestion:

Someone should start a blog that will simply show us how many known blogs, in multiples of six, it would take to connect all the blogs in the blogosphere. I suspect she is right - we are all a lot more interconnected than we could imagine.

Here's how this will work:

On my blog, I've listed out 6 blogs that I visit often. (yours is on there!)

I've asked these 6 bloggers to visit my blog (girlonaroad.blogspot.com) and list 6 blogs that they know of as a comment.

And, you should send me "YOUR 6". Then you should contact "YOUR 6" and ask them to post "THEIR 6" back on MY blog as a comment (and including in their post who referred them)....and so on.

I'll keep track of the lists of 6 blogs as they come in, including date of addition and which other blog referred them to the 6-degrees experiment. I will try to find a way to draw a "hub map" like what they have on "The L Word", in the meantime.

We need to try to limit repetition, for this to be most effective. So if you see a blog on our Bloggeration list, below, pick a different one.

Hope to hear from you!
annemarie
(girl on a road)

Unknown said...

Heya Martine,
So glad I was able to share part of the adventure this weekend...

Much warmer and dryer now

See ya soon