Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbyes....

So, we are saying goodbye to Deb today and its a sad goodbye. Deb heads back to Australia at the end of this month for good and visiting phoenix just won't be the same.

She has deeksha'd (sp?) us all week, been in a car accident, hit the weirdest Chicago pride ever, gone on my bike ride with me most days, shared her story and listened to mine (mostly listened, occasionally just nodded like she was listening as I rehashed the same shit!!), drunk beer, seen fireflies for the first time, told some of the funniest stories ever, eaten pizza till she popped, gotten brain freeze, had sunburn and been drenched by the rain...all on the same day, traipsed around Chicago with me all day being a good tourist and just been a fucking good soul to spend a week with.

Gotta love people like that and you know I am grateful, yet again, to call her friend.

Xxm

Ps.....hello out to Kate!!

5 comments:

KCmustang said...

I am thankful and grateful to have met such a great mate of yours. Deb was full of light and energy and it was a pleasure meeting her.

Anonymous said...

Deb was definately a "salt-of-the-earth" kind of woman. I enjoyed meeting her and only wish I had a few more moments to visit. Safe travels Deb!!!

See you soon Martine!

~Tory

Anonymous said...

Hi Martine,
Hi heard that you tracked me down and saw I was reading your blog....the wonders of modern day technology. Glad you enjoyed my little sis and I'm sure you will both meet up again soon. Love and peace to you my friend
Kate
xx

Anonymous said...

Had a great time in the Windy City; always great fun to catch up with my Aussie mate and lovely to meet such wonderful new friends. You're all such beautiful souls; enjoy this tremendous journey called Life and remember not to take it all so seriously!!!

Love n hugs

Debs

P.S. Loved the bike riding but now my bum's sore!!

Girl on a road said...

i just love all the interconnectedness of us all....seeing beautiful (inside and out) Tory's name here....and Jo's picture....and following the amazing adventures of Martine (who I've always felt a certain soul-sister connectedness to).....and reading about Deb the Buddhist and wise woman (I'm a dabbling/practicing follower....although stop short of brazenly calling myself Buddhist) and how it's' all inter-woven...

makes my heart smile.

big, big heart smile.

xo,
am