Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July in Sagatuck

Yes, the quintessential 4th of July parade here in Sagatuck, MI. Its very interesting to witness, I don't think I have ever been to a 4th of July parade before.

People want to know if we have them in Australia....4th of July parades?

In other random things, I was talking on email with someone today about the idea of 'living your truth' and what that means. And if someone says they are 'living their truth' but being dishonest and hurting peoples hearts along the way, is that still 'living their truth'. What if their truth was it was okay to be that way in the first place? Hmm....back to 4th of july and not really over analysing..lol, who the fuck am I kidding!!

Xxm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Martine and the thoughts you reveal and how honest you are in it. As for living your truth...I don't think living your truth and hurting people is an honorable goal.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

“Living your truth,” I suppose from my understanding would be like knowing who you are and how could that in truth hurt anyone? It is a knowing and acting from that knowing rather then acting from behind a mask. This is not to say that masks are all bad; a mask can be a tool of safety. However, one should know why and how they use said mask.

I suspect the mask that is most powerful to hurt is the one that is mistaken for a face by the person wearing it. In such a person perhaps looking at one’s self (metaphorically) is so uncomfortable that said individual believes in the mask as a self.

Martine whoever suggested that they were living their truth by intentionally hurting you or another he/she may be mistaking truth for something else.


Thanks For Sharing, You make me think and I enjoy that.

With Contemplation,
A Supporter