Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pondering....



So, I am finding myself wonderfully inspired lately. In a smiling randomly, sighing outloud kinda way.

I mean, I have been going through a huge creative outburst the past 6 months anyway.. trauma, betrayal, hurt does that to you I think...but, I have found myself reaching out and connecting with people in ways I probably haven't before....and some of those moments, a lot of those moments, have been wonderfully inspiring.

Sunday night I sat around with a group of people, some of whom I had never met before, and found myself sharing really intimately about my journey, and in turn, some of them shared really intimately about their journey too.

At one point I sat there and realised, that this experience is a huge part of my life.....being able to take the time to have open, honest, intimate, no holds barred exchanges with people as I go. To have moments where we laugh hard, cry, vent, say 'wow' and more often than not, give a big sigh of relief and happiness at the end. Sometimes I might never see that person again, but at that moment we are magical joined by a thread of common experience and the world feels less scarey and far away.....and our heartache and experience is mutually shared, honored, felt and respected and together we can reach out towards one another and bring some kind of healing.

Its fucking beautiful.

This is what I think on this Tuesday.

Xxm

Ps.....in other news, big lovie shout outs to Lyndell Montgomery whose bday was Sunday....Lyndell and I ARE going to play together next year. (putting it out to the universe....dream line up: Lyndell, JJ on drums and Julie on keys....fuck we'd rock)

And to my little brother Anthony, whose bday it is today in Australia and tomorrow here in the US. Happy birthday bro! I love you and get your ass over here already!!

Oh....because of all the amazing feedback I have been getting about my poems....thank you thank you thank you....I am working hard at getting them published into a book. Hopefully will be out by the end of the year!!! Yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fan-f**king-tastic!!! That pretty much sums it up. It's a good place to be.

megster said...

nice pondering pic..sharing empathy like that..it is a very special thing and (i know you've said this b4)somehow seems part of something bigger that is really meant to happen..instead of shutting down and getting bitter..being open and walking together thru stuff..guess it takes a degree of trust. it is inspiring to see that occur..thanks once again for sharing..looking forward to the book.

KCmustang said...

Happy Birthday Anthony!! I like that idea of celebrating timezones! Have some great days, week and Month! yes come over the more Aussies the better!

Marti, Love the coffee pondering! I guess its good i missed the ride :(.

Anonymous said...

I love what you're doing with your blog and especially how you've brought so many people from all over the world together because of it. You're a beam of light.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the sky is opening and a full and sunny light has come to you after so many months of darkness. Perhaps you will find when it has all lifted there is something beutiful left. New friends, new music, new art, it will be wonderful, can't wait to hear it and see it.

A Supporter