Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Allegan, MI

So, here I am in Allegan,MI after the slowest Amtrak ride ever. Seems it was the little train that could and at one point when I heard them announce that we were stopped because they were needing to build a path for the train....all I could do was laugh. It seemed like a comedy of errors ranging from that to having to pull the train off the tracks at one point because they suddenly realised that another train was coming the other way. I kid you not. A 3 hour trip ended up taking around 5 1/2...but, a little nap, a little writing, a little chatting, a little texting, a little looking out the window and realizing that I could have jogged faster than the train was going...and I was here.

Its definately a nice relaxed space up here overlooking this body of unknown water and I am off to explore the town before my first session. Woohoo....bring it on!! Totally excited by it.

Xxm

1 comment:

Larry Kollar said...

That "body of unknown water" is the Kalamazoo River, but you've certainly learned that by now. I didn't know Amtrak went to Allegan now; I figured Kalamazoo was the closest you'd get.

I grew up there, and still have lots of family in the area, but haven't lived there since 1975 or so.