Thursday, July 17, 2008

You....

Got a secret
Don't ya babe?

And I,
I should know
Coz I'm your secret
Aren't I babe?

Great bloody song that I have been rehearsing for shows. I don't usually learn covers because it is time away from writing my own tunes, but damn, this Missy Higgins song spoke to me loud. Given that I have just experienced being a 'secret', its no wonder. Even though I play and write music for a living and my goal is to write tunes that connect deeply with people, I still have moments where I am amazed by how deeply I connect with some tunes that others write. I fucking love it.

Working on bookings for 2009 has started, its so amazing to work so far ahead, esp since I don't even know what I am going to eat for lunch....nevermind what I am going to do next March. But...this is the way it be.

Xxm

9 comments:

KCmustang said...

Missy writes some really great tunes and puts it all out there... i saw her about 3 years ago with Gavin DeGraw. Very talented musician. Great song to cover and can't wait to hear you sing it live! love the comment about lunch and future bookings....musicians amaze me and are the most committed people that i know... they make bookings months in advance and rarely cancel. Understandably it is so much of who they and their commitment connects directly to their integrity.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear you sing this song, I know it will be sung with a lot of passion and feeling given everything. So, what did you have for lunch?

Connie said...

"and not once
not even twice
did you choose to say

the truth"

Sometimes i wonder if people dont tell the truth because they are too scared to hear the words out loud.

i love that missy higgins song, she would be proud to hear you sing it.

Tink said...

ooo! so when's the next oz tour????

Anonymous said...

ok who let Tink in here????

I swear i locked the door behind me last time!!! LOL

yes yes Mardi put me in the schedule for 2009!!! House concert in my newly finished house...woohoo

Tink said...

alex, you and your snide remarks! i have unlimited access here. don't i? mardi?

Martine Locke said...

okay girls, that will be enough fighting...no more fighting for xmas (remember that tv commercial??)

only love...kiss and make up

and can I watch? lol...

Anonymous said...

Come back to Milwaukee! We miss you :)