Monday, July 7, 2008

And then....there was Jack

I am trying to teach jack to say 'gday mate' (infact, everytime I say fuck I have to follow it with gday mate, lest he learns to say fuck) (actually, I just realised, what if he starts saying 'fuck, gday mate'?) . He is an African Gray and they can copy almost any sound they hear. I have heard another one have an entire phone conversation, both parties on either end of the phone, right from the phone number being dialed to the phone being hung up! It was freaky! He is the second one I have met before (hi Christy and Cheryl!) and is unbelievably smart.

In other news, my laptop connected with some water and it looks like my hard drive is fried! And guess who hasn't backed up in a while! Ha! Just gotta laugh!! Probably a strange blessing in some ways. But, if you booked me for a show or asked me a question etc that I haven't answered, would you please email again!!

Xxm

4 comments:

Girl on a road said...

well, how the hell did your laptop connect with water????

i've heard that if you stick it in rice (Basmati, only - not Jasmine...hard drives don't like Jasmine rice) for a few hours, and then stick it in the freezer for a few hours...and repeat the process, well, repeatedly....and THEN let it rest for a few days....you MIGHT be able to recover your data.

Or....you might be screwed.

Seriously, if there's anything at all I can do to help you rebuild (if, in fact, the little hard drive never recovers from the trauma), I am "in".

KCmustang said...

in other news, OMG... blow dryers have worked wonders for me... i am crossing everything ...so let me know when it is ok to uncross.

Anonymous said...

Preying while dancing in front of it might work too. If not it will at least be a nice show for the roommates.

:)

Tour Wonk said...

you have been a busy girl!