Friday, July 4, 2008

Lake Michigan

So this is the michigan side of lake Michigan (as opposed to the Illinois or wisconsin side). I think this is the biggest lake I have ever seen in my life, and infact I have moments where I forget its a lake. I had heard that this was a beautiful place to experience it from and its true! You have to walk through the Saugatuck National forest to get here and for a moment it reminded me a little of parts of Western Australia.

Of course, that stopped when I jumped in the water.....IT'S FUCKING FREEZING!!!! But still, diving under the water and feeling my body surrounded by water (fresh water too) was good for my soul and long overdue.

And....I think I just worked out how to keep the flies off me (the biting kind, not just the bothering kind).

All good

Xxm

No comments: