Saturday, July 19, 2008

Midwest folk and fibre festival...

This is Nels, from Wisconsin, modeling a beautiful green felt hat that he made himself..isnt he cute?? . I am doing a special guest spot at the Midwest folk and fiber festival today (to help advertise the Woodstock Folk Festival that is on tomorrow!) and I am in wool heaven.

A little known fact is that I love to knit, it's kinda meditative and then you hopefully get to wear it. Although I still have a half finished scarf sitting under my bed that I haven't been able to bring myself to finish yet, but I feel myself getting ready to pick it up again.

Anyway, there are hundreds of crafts people here with a bazillion different balls of hand made, hand spun wool from almost every furry animal ever known to me (New Zealand Possum...who knew you can knit a scarf out of one) and I just realised I am a little excited by the possibilities. Going to knit myself a new scarf, lost the last one....my absolute fav in the whole world.....in a bizarre turn of events last winter, but that probably wasn't a bad thing energetically..sometimes clothing can carry energy too I think.

But...it's time to get ready for this winter, I need a new scarf and there's some amazing alpaca wool here that just makes me want to cuddle up next to it.

Xxm

1 comment:

megster said...

being far too unco to knit i am in awe of anyone who can create something recognisable out of yarn..my mum has a soft enough to die for NZ possum and merino wool scarf and beenie that almost inspired me to try again..mmm mental image of shorn possums shivering in NZ forests...