Thursday, July 31, 2008

The river that flows....

This is the river that I follow on my bike ride almost every day. I was watching it as I rode past this morning and slammed on my brakes to sit and look on it's beauty for a while. I get the concept of life being like a flowing river, if we choose it.

We have so much choice in this life....I feel for sure that everyday we collectively make choices that will determine and dictate where we go and how we be. For me personally, there is no such thing as no accountability, for I hold myself accountable for the choices I make.

Do we tell our truth, do we be ourselves, do we choose to trust and believe...in ourselves, life and others. Do we choose to be trustworthy. Do we be open despite past hurt, do we love again despite a broken heart. Do we expose who we are despite the chance of rejection. Do we laugh hard, cry openly, give of ourselves, react and speak truthfully, honor ourselves while still being able to honor others. Do we choose not to filter ourselves for a variety of fear based reasons. Do we follow our passion or passionately follow what it is we choose. Do we lay it all down and out at each moment, in each encounter with another human, or with just ourselves. Do we choose to stay in the moment rather than running ahead with what may or may not be. Do we look in the mirror at the end of each day, into our own eyes, and be proud of who we were that past day, of how we chose to be.

Do we stop long enough to be conscious of our power and of the choices we can make in every moment which can affect the rest of our lives....and the lives of others. Do we choose to act with conscious, loving intention towards those in our worlds.

Yes, life flows like this river, if we get out of the way of ourselves and let it. I sit on this thursday by the river with a smile on my face, a smile that has been there so long that my jaw is sore. And there's an unexpected, and beautiful, giddy in my heart because I realise, again, that I have choice and that yesterday is gone and here is now....and I choose.

Xxm

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerfully poignant...and thought provoking. Well said, Ms Locke.

KCmustang said...

Oh i love this post and the smile it brings to your face and ours!

The river is wide and has a vastness that i often overlook. That particular river does eventually run into Lake Michigan. I often have to step back from the self that i am and see the depth of view and the beauty of it all from another perspective. At times i feel like a leaf stuck on a big rock in the midst of trying to go downstream. In those times it seems the lesson is asking for help to get off the rock.

For me, i can ponder too much on the choice at the moment and "how it will affect the rest of my life"
As deb once said, "analysis/paralysis" or something like that. In each moment i try to make the best decision for that moment and perhaps better ones in the next.

Anonymous said...

damn girl...that is beautiful...and I can't wait to meet her!! lol!!

lynnie

Martine Locke said...

dude.....!!!

megster said...

that was all beautifully expressed and i will have to read it a few more times in contemplation..tho i do not understand the concept of filtering ourselves...what you have said is moving and i gotta say it brings tears...and a smile at the joy you have found at this time...

megster said...

i concur with getting stuck in decisions that 'might affect the rest of my life' ....its a stuck place that pisses me off so badly and in the spirit of asking , any helpful thoughts vibes would be gratefully appreciated at the moment..

Anonymous said...

The photo and the post was really lovely. Glad to see things are looking up. Summer is such a beautiful season in the Midwest.

A Supporter