Thursday, May 1, 2008

So....

Like a poison dart
To my very soul
Aimed for me
It took me whole
Shook me hard
While church bells rang
And you were outta town
Before that last bell sang

And I,
Have never been the same

A few years back I was on the road with Ani Difranco (whose writing I adore) and hearing about how much work she puts into every-single-word. How she 'pours' over every one. I have always admired the kind of honesty that just lays it all down in song or poetry and she does it soooo well. No being polite or wondering what so and so might think. The truth according to the writer in all its glory.

I had a psychic reading a few weeks back and the lady told me how I had to push into writing. That this will be the first time in a long time that I won't have anyone looking over my shoulder to influence what I do or don't write. That this will be a really prolific time. I am starting to understand that better now and am falling in love with words in a whole new way.

They are soothing my soul, expressing my anger, my rage, my melancholy, my experience, my passion, my confusion, my 'what the fuck...you've got to be KIDDING'.....and I know they will express my joy again oneday.

Feeling them just flow out of me without any filter is actually very freeing and makes me feel very very grateful for my craft.....and occasionally grateful for the past 6 months....although, I could be lying about that.

Lol...

Back to it mates

Xxm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouchy wa wa, very deep, so deep it sounds as painful as you have expressed over the last few months. Theres deep hurt there mardi, i am glad you can reach it.

cheers
connie xx

Anonymous said...

i think its true what the psychic said, about pushing into your writing. i know your words have touched me more over the last few months than they have before, it's almost like you are writing about part of me too. That sort of honesty is rare and I appreciate that you are doing it. keep it up Martine!

helene

KCmustang said...

Your words seem to connect with the universal soul. speaking of your words.... Dex and I were out on our morning walk and a shiny bit of silver caught my eye.. as we got closer...i noticed it was a dime... i picked it up put it in my pocket and walked on... little did i know the dime had a message to share..."it can all turn around on a dime". thanx for sharing your words.

Anonymous said...

cant wait to hear the song

mb

megster said...

i remember seeing the VJ's support Ani in Bris.

I heard her first at a festival singing Superhero and I was astounded at how intense and powerful her words were. I can imagine her investing that much in each word.

Your words have spoken volumes to me ..so thx too for keeping your honesty and sharing i and being prepared to share when you feel so vulnerable.