Wednesday, May 21, 2008

_ ache

Stole this from my friend Andrea. (superherodesigns.com). Hope she doesn't mind. She is an amazing photographer.

This photo touched me and I wanted to share. So simple, and yet so powerful.

It matched part of the book 'eat, pray, love' that I am reading so passionately again...

'Do you think there's any way humans can love each other without complication?....it's two human beings trying to get along, so it's going to become complicated. And love is always complicated. But still, humans must try to love each other. We must get our hearts broken sometimes. This is a good sign, having a broken heart.

It means we have tried for something.....'

Xxm

2 comments:

megster said...

someone said that part of relationship was dealing with the dynamic tension between pain and love..sounds like something my mechanic might try to explain and you'd hope the pendulum swung closer to love than pain...but I agree that as scary as it seems trying for something is better than shutdown..

KCmustang said...

i would rather have a heartache and know i have loved then to never have loved. I would like to think there is a way to love "with" rather than "without" complication... perhaps it is the optimist in me. Love with, understanding, resolve, passion, disagreement, peace n harmony. I think peace is hard to understand in a relationship. Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. It has been challenging for me to find peace after heartache.