Monday, May 26, 2008

So....

This was actually finished hours ago but I had to just sit and marvel over the work we did for a while. And....I had to bathe my tired arms, feel like I was a brickies laborer today (my aussie mates know what that is!).

What a damn achievement no?

There is still cocoa bean mulch to go in and of course, tomorrow is planting day. And then we get to sit back and reap the rewards right?

I love doing things with my hands and building stuff like this that you can sit back and be proud of, thrills me. I always said if I wasn't playing music that I would do something with wood because of the way it feels under my hands and the amazing things you can create with it.

Anyway, dontcha feel like you are watching a before and after home show right now?

Xxm

5 comments:

megster said...

thats pretty damn impressive

KCmustang said...

wow that is quite an area...all in one day... nothing better than a midwest veggie garden. Damn good work! I must take notes so that i have better veggies this year. Cocoa bean mulch?? is that coffee remains and dirt mix??

i must admit I am, at times, an HGTV junk and i am diggin the before and after pics.

...and come tomorrow morning ... this little labor of love ..would be the first thing i look at.

looking forward to pictures of the sprouts.

Anonymous said...

You're already being creative with wood...just that your wood has steel strings attached. Nice patch mate.

Martine Locke said...

lol....nice patch....you to mate (oh, I felt so naughty saying that)

Connie said...

yeh its back yard blitz, your patch is rather big, you will be able to grow a wonderful vegetable soup in there. Whats the bit in front of the patch, near the bird bath.