Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Altadena pass

There's something really beautiful to me in the view of the power windmills as you drive up the 5 through the Altadena Pass. I was looking at it today as I drove trying to work out what it was....I think its a toss between the fact that its only 50 more miles to san francisco after almost 300 miles of driving, or its the fact that they stand so magestic and independent and strong on the hill. Busily doing their thing and being all beautiful and stuff.

Regardless, they always make me smile and actually give me a little giddy feeling in my tummy. (I know, weird).

Xxm

3 comments:

KCmustang said...

funny...i got that same feeling when i went from Melbourne to Adelaide and saw their power windmill thingys. They seem so independent, dependable, loyal and resourceful. I had no idea where i was on the road but it seemed that i was somewhere and was in a place that had purpose.

megster said...

i've only seen them on tv and thought they were amazing- solitary, even tho there are heaps, and they are a bit like an installation art piece in a stark but beautiful landscape..I'm guessing they are really quiet.

megster said...

..like sentinels, that was the word I was after..