Friday, May 16, 2008

The ever changing face of here....

If there's one thing I have learnt over the past 6 months, its that EVERYTHING can change in an instant.

Not unlike this city.

I just got back from a great show I did over in the East bay....people are celebrating the supreme court decision, even if just for a minute, and there is a nice feeling in the air. Its still pretty warm, which this little Aussie is soaking up.

I realized when I got home that I was hungry....it was a pretty exciting moment for me, I tell you. I haven't really had the hungry feeling in over 3 months...and it aint because I have been eating non stop!! So as I sit here with cheese and crackers, celebrating my hunger, todays decision, the fact that my body and voice are tired from singing my heart out... and this amazing life....my heart is yet again filled with gratefulness.

My aim is to take a moment every night before I try to sleep to say outloud the things I am thankful for. To have a spirit of gratefulness. Maybe we can all try it together? Let's see if it changes anything in our worlds?

Ready?

Xxm

1 comment:

megster said...

so great reading how you're journey is going at the moment...bet those cheese and crackers were the best...I'm up for the thankful moments..I try to remember to be so generally..but I reckon making a time to speak it out seems like a fine idea..I often wonder about the power of words spoken..I don't know really what I think about it..I know they can affect me and others who hear them but what of their impact otherwise..any insights??