Monday, May 5, 2008

Redux

I had this on my blog and took it down because I let myself be convinced of the inaccuracy of it. I didn't listen to my gut at the time, the voice inside me that was telling me it was true. I don't put it here to hurt anyone, just to express what has become my truth and to honor the creative process of myself, without filters.

you lied
you deceived
held your lips
against my cheek
and then....
you breathed

you came
you saw
you loved
me raw
inside
my cunt and out

you kissed
you told
you fucked
me cold
you lied to her
while you lied to me
but you lie to you
and this
sadly
is true

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i have a smile on my face.

connie x

Anonymous said...

Its brave to have no filters. Thank you for putting this back up, regardless of anything, it's art and needs to be releasd into the world.

Helene

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow alright. This is really powerful and universally known I think. You never forget something like this and it is hard to not be jaded. At least you have music to put it into!! Can't wait to hear those songs!

I caught your show on Saturday night and was really moved by your openness and willingness to be exposed, it made for a really powerful show and I can't wait to see you in June!

Lydia

Anonymous said...

I think some of the greatest poets and songwriters in the world are people who have suffered deep pain and know how to express it. While I would want to curse every person who ever lies to us, the higher path I suppose is to learn from it and ensure we don't become the same. No?

Anonymous said...

Not only do I feel you honor yourself by writing this and posting this, you help those of us in a similar place to not feel so alone. This break up I am going through is agonizing. I haven't been able to move out yet due only to finances, so I get slapped repeatedly in my face with her dishonestly.

Suzanne