Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Journal-isms

I got a new journal this week....it was a pretty happy moment, in a new beginnings kind of way (and no, I didn't end up burning, I screamed at it a few times and then put it away, thanks for the advice kind folks).

I am sitting here on Polk St, in the warm sun, writing. I have been talking a lot lately about honoring the creative process and how vital it is. In that, if your creativity presents itself and you can't be bothered writing or recording it, then it will disappear. I firmly believe that and have seen a lot of songs fall out of my head because I was too busy, tired, asleep to honor that moment.

So, at 2am this morning when I woke up with a new poem whizzing through my brain, I begged for sleep for a second and asked the poem to come back tomorrow, but nay, it wanted NOW!

I crawled around in the darkness and found my phone and laid in a half asleep state typing away. Until the energy of it woke me up completely and I got excited by the flow and the movement of the words. Being thankful for being able to express something so deep inside me (I will post it up on the writings section of my site in the next day or so, so you can see).

Point of the post my friends, honor the process, let it flow wherever you are and you will no doubt be rewarded with a gift of insight and understanding (into yourself and any 'situation') and beauty that may never have been birthed otherwise.

So....back to the writing....and the sunning......and the coffee-ing......and the random moments with strangers as they pass by.

And cheers to creativity, it saves my soul.

Xxm

3 comments:

megster said...

great point..how many moments and opportunities go by because we weren't listening or following..our creativity or still small voice or to god as we seek...what place would be be in if we had listened..it is SO easy for these moments to get crowded out..I would like to live (like its 2011) by making space for these things.
Kinda glad you kept the journal..

KCmustang said...

is something happening in 2011? is that the new 1999? I find it hard to keep track of today can't imagine how i would live like it is 2011?

megster said...

yeah, 2011=1999, if you think lateral and Mayan-like..but in the sense of making the most of living by being guided in your intention and not so deaf-mmm, maybe thats too flaky..