Friday, May 30, 2008

Sleepless in Chicago

I think I am working out that sleep is rather over rated. Or perhaps I am still on west coast time? Or perhaps its just the later. I am working out hard, meditating, reading, eating early, taking valerian and everything else I can find, scanning d-listed (thank W for that literary marvel)....you know, all the things they say you should do, and then some things I just make up by myself, and still I lay and twiddle my thumbs. Poems and song ideas fly around my brain and out my fingers. I think sleeplessness has been passed onto me by my mother, its happened on and off for a lot of my life....thanks muriel. Maybe I need a noise machine....

Anyway, this picture is of doggie. I have had him since I was 12 years old and I just took him out of storage to bring back with me. I knew I'd need him. Someone just made the comment that he has probably seen a lot and felt a lot of tears in that time. Too true. I think as we get older we get embarrassed to show things like this....nah, not me (surprising no?). I love the fact that I still have him, that I still feel good cuddling up to him sometimes at night and that he has lived in 6 States and 2 countries with me. And yes.....seen a lot and felt a lot of tears.

But still, even he can't help me sleep right now.....

Xxm

2 comments:

Tour Wonk said...

I can't tell you how it warms the bi-valve mollusks of my heart to be able to share dlisted with people!

Stones/Rocks said...

Hey Martine
To encourage sleep place either "rosemary" or "lavender" (herbs) under your pillow.
(from the Des Moines indiv. with stones)