Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blind hill?

I rode 30 miles today. My ass hurts, my legs are sore but damn it felt good. It was a beautiful day out here, lots of beauty and creatures to look at, punctuated by good conversation and check ins from mates.

Can I say again, that I am enveloped, held, loved and supported by the most amazing community of women, all over this country and my country, and that I am incredibly grateful for each and every single one of them.

For the love and words that they bring to my life just when I need it the most. Wise, strong, passionate, honest, loving, kind, honoring, clear, magnificent women with intergrity, who witness my journey in all its raw honesty. People who I have exposed the deepest parts of me and the most painfilled parts of my journey to and who lovingly remind me of my truth, 0f my strength and my intergrity, of my heart and of my intention, of who I want to be in this world. They kick my ass when I need it, help me apply salve to my wounded self and wipe da tears away. They listen patiently to me as I try to understand and wrestle with things (some of which need to be wrestled to the ground, some of which are just a waste of my air) and tell me to keep my hand away from the hot plate as often, and as patiently (and sometimes not so), as I need to be told. They teach me each day about this journey and the gift and lesson of honoring, loving, healing, protecting and respecting myself and my heart.

I am so thankful for them in my life.....so thankful for the tremendous lessons and wisdom they are imparting to me and feel like my prayers to the universe for healing, growth and the desire to never be in this place again are answered by their love, friendship and guidance.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And yoah, Wendy, non ho...tour ho.....my debt to you is cleared (check out what's missing....) and get ready to pay up big lady!! How long again?

Xxm


ps...clarification...wendy, the non ho tour ho...has this 'thing' she does with me and other daring individuals. An example...oneday she bet me a dollar that on the next double lane road, that I wouldn't drop my pants and flash the car next to us (which happened to have Lynne Deeves and Trina Hamlin in). Because we were on a back country road in the middle of nowhere and hadn't seen any double lane road for a long time, I bet her $10 that we wouldn't SEE a double lane road. Literally 3 minutes later....what happened? So...I ended up owing her $9 for the privilege of dropping my pants to an unsuspecting T and Lynne. My debt is now paid off because she bet me the remainder of that payment today....and lost.

8 comments:

Tour Wonk said...

I gladly erase your debt... and will indeed pay up the additional cash... 6 months gets you a benjamin. But it's no slips..hardcore...guess what? You play the game... and you win! That's a fucking promise!

XO
W

Connie said...

What the fuck is a benjamin?

Any way, i am having one of those fucked days today, i say day but i think its been bubbling along nicely for a few weeks.
Today i feel used and abused and over stretched. Need to say that word, no a bit more. On the brix of tears and anything and everything makes me cry, yes even your post Mardi, dnt want any fucker to be nice to me cos i will cry and then my contact lenses will be foggy for the rest of the day and thats just not good. Listened to your cd on the way to work Mardi, that made me cry to but it also made me smile.


On a lighter note i love the vege patch, and you Mardi are looking mighty good (not that i can see you in the vege patch, but from previous pics)all that riding, running walking, you must feel very fit and healthy which i imagine would be great for your performances.

Tour Wonk said...

benjamin = $100.00

Martine Locke said...

yes connie - a benjamin is a sweet crisp $100 bill that Ms Wendy will be handing over to me in 6 months time.

sorry to hear you are having a shitty time of it...a good cry always helps and then saying three times:

this, too, will pass
this, too, will pass
this, too, will pass

and then breathing out...

Anonymous said...

And you offer the same back to us Ms Martine...your strength, honesty, passion and friendship has been a constant inspiration and support to me throughout the years. (Remember that time when....haha)

Love you mate!!

Mez

Connie said...

Thanks Mardi

So ok u two Wendy the non ho tour ho wonk (where does the wonk fit in)and Mardi, Share, what was/is this bet, it sounds as though it has to occur over time. A benjamin thats a juicy bet.

Martine Locke said...

Lol...well...it could be:

A) to run naked the whole way around lake Michigan?
B) to perform Bohemian Rhapsody..solo...doing all the voices
C)to kiss a boy
D)to stay away from things that burn
E) to take up playing the recorder
Or
F)all or none of the above

????

Connie said...

well

i think that bohemian rhapsody would not be too difficult.

kiss a boy oo, but that would take a few seonds

mm to stay away fromthings that burn, if you are as bad as i am that would be hard to do over time, unless u are talking about people that burn.

to learn the recorder, too easy.

so it must be he naked thing - u can do it Mardi. make sure u have a mardi cam