Friday, May 16, 2008

Famous for its winding-ness?

So, this is the famous winding street in san fran. Its just up the corner from where I am and I have to confess that sometimes I just want run over all the tourists that stand in the middle of the road to take photos of it. I decided just for a minute to become one of those people, to see what it felt like.

It didn't feel that exciting.

Its another glorious day here and the locals are starting to complain about the heat. Damn, I am loving it. Its dry heat though, which is my fav.

I went to see my favourite doctor while I was in town and she gasped when she saw me and immediately threw me on the scales (which is never a good sign).
'20 pounds? In the last 3 months?' she cried and wrapped me up in her arms and squeezed me until I teared up and then she grabbed my arm and ran her hand across my new tattoo and said 'just remember this darling, remember this.....'This, too, will pass'.....and go and buy some new pants, you look like a bum.'

I love people who can laugh in the middle of serious, its a wonderful healing remedy.

Xxm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog made me tear up. When I was 16, I went in for a dental check-up. I've been going to the same dentist since I as four. Love that guy. I had a HUGE cankor sore in my mouth. After chatting with me he ascertained it was due to stress and folded me up in his arms like I was his daughter. I could have stayed there for a while. :) Take Care of You, ~Tory